Rhonda Wharton was elected Faulkner County Circuit Clerk in 2006 and took office January 1, 2007. Rhonda served as Chief Deputy Circuit Clerk for 15 years before being elected Circuit Clerk upon the retirement of Sharon Rimmer, and was employed by Ms. Rimmer for a total of 19 years. Rhonda was born in Abilene, Texas at Dyess Air Force Base and her family moved to Arkansas in 1968, she has been a resident of Conway, Arkansas since 1969. Rhonda was married to Ronnie Long in 1978 and she has two daughters, Jennifer Boyett and Linda Ryerson, one grandson, Hunter Boyett, all of whom are residents of Conway. Rhonda was married on December 21, 2007 to Mr. William Wharton, an attorney with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. Bill has two children Lewis Wharton of Conway, and Jessie Gatling of Little Rock, and a granddaughter, Elleyana Gatling of Little Rock.
Rhonda’s Chief Deputy is Nancy Eastham, who has been employed by the Faulkner County Circuit Clerk’s office for 17 years. Nancy is married to Mark Eastham and has one daughter Emma.
Nelda Ussery and Bobbie West are the Deputy Clerks who are responsible for the recording of Real Estate Records and have both been employed for 22 years by Faulkner County Circuit Clerk.
Faulkner County Circuit Clerk
724 Locust St.
Conway, AR 72034
P.O. Box 9
Conway, AR 72033
Jennifer Wiggs - Deputy Clerk -
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. We are open during the lunch hour.
Our office has real estate records scanned back to 1980 and we are continually working on getting the older records scanned. We have all Court cases scanned back to 2000 and have orders in all cases scanned back to 1997. Our goal is to have all office records scanned eventually for ease of access by the public and court staff. We have several public inquiry stations for use of persons researching records as well as printers and copiers for their use. Our office operates on a cash basis with payment due at the time of the services rendered.
Faulkner County is now using CourtConnect. CourtConnect is a portal to public case information for courts using the ACS Contexte Case Management System. This portal allows you to find public information on cases if you know the name of a person on the case, or if you know the case id and you can view and print images of documents.
Public Access to CourtConnect
Faulkner County has available for use by jurors a website where you can complete your questionnaire, contact the Judge, receive messages, and request excuses. The website is: https://myjuryinfo.courts.arkansas.gov.
There are also some guides and a video you can watch that may answer some questions you have about Jury service. In Faulkner County, only the Judge can excuse you from Jury service, most Judges as that you are physically able you attend the orientation and there you will be given an opportunity to talk directly with the Judge.
Don't Panic, your life will not be put on hold indefinitely during you Jury term. You will be placed in a group and given a calendar that will specify which dates you are supposed to report, it won't be an everyday occurrence, 95% of the jury trials scheduled will settle before the trial date.
If you have vacations or doctor appointments we will work with you to be sure you can still attend them. You will be paid for your service $15.00/day for orientation and reporting for a trial and $50.00/day if you are selected to serve on a jury. Orientation and jury selection are usually only one to two hours long. Pay for your service is done once a month in the month following your service. If you have any questions that are not answered here or on the website please feel free to contact my office and someone there will do their best to help you.
FILING FEES EFFECTIVE JULY 31, 2007
Pursuant to Act 615 of 2007, effective July 31, 2007, filing fees will increase as follows:
- For recording Deeds, Deeds of Trust, Mortgages, Release Deeds, Powers of Attorney, Plats, Survey Plats, Notary Bonds, Foreign Judgments, Writs of Execution, Writs of Garnishment, Materialman’s Liens and other recordable instruments, except as otherwise noted filing fees will be:
$ 15.00 for fist page
plus $ 5.00 for each addt’l page
- For recording Mortgage Assignments, Mortgage Releases, and other instruments when multiple instruments are listed in a single document, an additional fee per instrument will be:
$ 15.00 per instrument listed,
not to exceed $ 300.00
- Filing fee for Certificate of Assessment or any other instrument not specified in the subsection will be:
- If the recorder waives the requirements of 14-15-402 (b)(1) for good cause, the instrument may be recorded for an additional fee of:
- Filing fee for initiating a Cause of Action in Circuit or Domestic Relations Courts with up to four summons:
Appeals from District Court to Circuit Court:
Civil Cases: $ 165.00
Criminal Cases: $ 150.00
- Re-opening a Cause of Action (for modification of final order) or transferring a case from another jurisdiction by court order:
- Summons: Circuit or Domestic Relations cases—No charge for first four summons issued in new case. Extra fee for fifth or more summons on new case or for summons issued after initial filing:
- Subpoena: Circuit or Domestic Relations Court:
- Original filing of Financing Statement (UCC-1) with cost of termination included:
- Filing of Continuation, Amendment, or Partial Release of Financing Statement:
- Termination of Financing Statement (If original UCC was filed prior to 1994 and not prepaid):
- UCC Search (Name only) per name: $ 6.00
Copies of documents for UCC Search 1st page: $ 6.00
Each addt’l page to max of $100.00 : $ 2.00
- Copies (per page, not certified): $ .25
- Certified or Authenticated Copies: $ 3.00
- Fax charge: $ 1.00 plus cost of copies